Asst. Chairman – Minister Kevin Porter
About our Youth Department
THE PURPOSE OF YOUTH MINISTRY… is to bring youth into a closer relationship with Jesus and one another. We will mentor and guide youth through this time of spiritual formation and help them and their families adapt the teachings of Jesus (Love, Mercy and Grace) so that they may develop a deeper committed relationship with Jesus. It is through that purpose that our vision is to provide a quality Youth Ministry program by providing the tools for youth to explore, expand and build their faith. We will continue to challenge and encourage youth to commit their lives to Christ.
At our very core we believe in being Disciples of Jesus Christ. It is through that call to discipleship that…
- Youth Ministry is Youth and Family based. Youth ministry focuses on the youth and their families and must work to support/strengthen them in every way possible.
- Youth Ministry is Bible based. The Bible is the primary source for information about God, Jesus and the main resource of the Christian faith.
- Youth Ministry is Discipling. We seek to bring Youth and their families into a meaningful relationship with Jesus in a way that they are challenged to make a personal, life changing commitment.
- Youth Ministry is Relational. Youth Ministry encourages youth to develop a personal relationship with Christ and each other. We strive to build a community of faith by nurturing one another in love and fellowship.
- Youth Ministry in Invitational. Our goal is to be inclusive of all youth and their families. We encourage and invite youth to join the youth group at any point during the year.
- Youth Ministry is Missions. It is an opportunity for youth to experience and tend to the many needs of God’s people.
- Youth Ministry Encourages and Develops Youth as Leaders to create, train and empower the youth to become leaders in not only the youth group but to take an active role in worship and to participate in the administration of the various committees of the church.
Youth Services are held on Friday evenings Bi-weekly at 7:00pm.